Activities abound in the Niseko area throughout the year. Shown below are just a few of the many things to do in the greater Niseko area.
- You probably know Niseko is famous for powder snow!
- This ski resort is regularly rated 1st or 2nd in annual snowfall in the world. Snowfalls measure 600 inches +/- per year.
- It generally snows every day from December 15th through January 31st.
- Ski slopes are open from late November until early May each season.
- There are numerous other "snow" activities; local guide companies can provide information.
- Enjoy rushing rivers for rafting and fishing
- Beautiful flowers and shrubs are in full bloom
- Fabulous fresh fruits and vegetables...mouth watering
- Home made ice cream is the most popular tourist attraction in the area
- Golf and hiking awaits
- Mild dry days - cool nights
- More fresh vegetables- potatos, squash and pumpkins, sweet potatos, daikon radish, etc., etc.
- Marvelous fall foliage: yellow birch, red and yellow maples- all in blazing color in October and early November.